Top 10 Best CPAP Pillows for Side Sleepers Reviewed for 2020
If you’re wanting to get some of the best sleep you’ve ever had, then you’re reading the right article. This article is delving into the fantastic world of CPAP pillows. If you’re wondering what a CPAP pillow is then hang tight, because we have you covered.
A CPAP pillow is used by someone who uses a CPAP machine for sleep apnea. Sleep apnea affects your breathing and makes it harder to sleep as well as results in snoring. CPAP stands for continuous positive air pressure, and the machine helps the user sleep by providing constant pressurized air through the user’s breathing passages.
A CPAP pillow also provides this same kind of relief therapy. This pillow is designed for people who tend to sleep on their stomach or side and have a harder time sleeping with a mask on connected to a machine via hose. The pillows are specially designed to fit the need of a side-sleeper or a stomach-sleeper and have a special hole where the mask and hose can be connected.
Now that you’re an expert on what a CPAP pillow is, it’s time you learned about the many different kinds of CPAP pillows out there. Not all sleepers are created equal so it makes sense that not all CPAP pillows are created equal either. In order to find the right CPAP pillow for you it’s important that you go through all your options.
You don’t want to just grab the first pillow that you see. No pillow will be completely perfect, but you want to do some shopping around and compare different pillows pros and cons. Here are ten of the best CPAP pillows out there.
1. EnduriMed CPAP Pillow.
This CPAP pillow is one of the best rated CPAP pillows on the market. The EnduriMed pillow is crafted from high-quality memory foam which allows the pillow to be adaptable to all different types of users. The foam is a one-of-a-kind contour design to ensure that you’ll find the perfect sleeping position. The pillows design allows for CPAP mask and hose to fit perfectly on the user without any discomfort.
This pillow’s design makes it a one-size-fits-all product. The pillow’s design allows the pillow to conform to bodies of all shapes and sizes, meaning sleepers big and small can enjoy this high-quality pillow. With this mask you can be sure that you’ll wake up the next day feeling refreshed and energized.
• Easy to set up. When you order the EnduriMed pillow there is no assembly required, meaning that all you have to do is open the box, hook up your machine, and hit the hay.
• Works with multiple sleep machine masks including CPAP, BIPAP, and APAP masks.
• This pillow has two levels of neck support, ensuring that your neck, head, and back alignment are a perfect fit for the pillow’s unique shape and design.
• The current running price for this pillow is relatively high. Considering the pillows great qualities and high reputation, the price isn’t as bad as it could be, plus it come with free shipping.
• While this pillow is a great design and highly reputable, most users have mentioned that there is no way to adjust the height on this pillow.
This next pillow is designed specifically for side-sleepers. The pillow has two holes built in where the user can gently rest their ear during sleep. The pillow’s overall design also prevents facial pressure from sleep.
This pillow is designed with a heavily crafted foam to allow for maximum comfort and support while sleeping. Unlike most pillows, this one comes with a sleep guarantee. These pillows are tested against the elements, chemicals, and other forces that contribute to pillow wear and tear, ensuring that each night you sleep on this pillow will feel like using it for the first time.
The pillow has a soft bamboo cover. This means the pillow is hypoallergenic and dust mite resistant. Now users can rest easy knowing they no longer have to sacrifice comfort to keep those pesky bedbugs away.
• Pillow is designed with high quality material and tested against numerous forces that contribute to pillow destruction.
• Pillow meets all the CertiPUR-US standards for content, emissions, and durability.
• Sleep guarantee ensures that if users aren’t 100% satisfied within 100 days of purchase, then they can return the pillow for a full refund.
• The price for this pillow online is higher than other pillows, but it does come with free shipping and is of high quality.
• While most consumer reviews are exceedingly positive, there have been a few reviews that have been about complications with the setup of the pillow.
3. Mars Wellness Premium Pillow.
This pillow is the perfect combination of soft and firm. The pillow is soft enough to give the user effortless comfort during the night, but ensures maximum support to keep the neck properly aligned. The user can feel safe knowing they’ll be waking up to a full night’s rest and a sore-free back.
With this pillow users no longer have to worry about readjusting their CPAP masks during the night. The Premium pillow is at just the right height to where the mask can reach the face with zero discomfort and rest perfectly on the pillow with no loosening. This design allows the pillow to reduce nasal pressure and air leaks ensuring that the user will breathe soundlessly throughout the night.
• Lower cost than most of the other pillows out on the market and comes with free shipping.
• Pillow’s design allows for compatibility with all CPAP machine types.
• Pillow’s design prevents air leaks and nostril pressure.
• No money back guarantee.
• Description does say to add a normal pillow under this pillow for maximum comfort instead of just the pillow alone.
This pillow allows for customizations of comfort level. By removing or adding more pads the user can adjust the height of the pillow. This ensures that the user will have total control over their unique level of comfort.
This pillow is optimal for side-sleepers as the side areas contain cutout holes. This system reduces mask pressure when sleeping on your side. The pillow is also made of premium grade medical foam that is machine washable and adapts to all different types of forms.
The material of the pillow is hypoallergenic and dust mite free. The pillows protective cover is easy to remove and even easier to wash. The pillow’s cover is incredibly soft, matching the comfort level of the pillow itself. The user won’t even know there’s a cover on the pillow while sleeping.
• Happiness Promise ensures customers that if anything happens to their pillow within one year of purchase, then they will get a brand new pillow shipped to them free of charge.
• Price is relatively cheap with free shipping.
• Adjustable height with removal or addition of foam pads.
• Pillow only comes by itself with no other supplementary items.
• Average customer reviews are good, but some say the pillow has a little bit too soft of memory foam which makes some users feel as though they are “sinking”.
5. Contour Products CPAPMax 2.0 Pillow.
This pillow is the next great pillow for CPAP users. The unique style of the pillow has side cutouts to allow the user to shift sleeping positions throughout the night with zero discomfort or fear of their mask falling off. With no sides to interfere with the mask or hose the user doesn’t need to worry about air leakage throughout the night.
There’s three well-founded layers to this super pillow. The top layer provides comfort, the middle layer gives your neck strong support, and the bottom layer protects the pillow from odor and keeps it fresh. The multiple layers also allow for adjustment on the pillow’s height and level of comfort.
• Adjustable height allows user to control the level of comfort on this pillow.
• User can choose from a ventilated foam surface or a traditional pillow surface. User simply has to flip the pillow over to switch surfaces.
• Constructed with high-quality material that allows the pillow to keep its new look for daily use.
• This pillow is priced in the more expensive category of pillows, but has free shipping.
• No money-back guarantee.
6. Coisum Back Sleeper Cervical Pillow.
As the name implies, this pillow is designed for those who sleep on their back. The deep crevice in the middle of this pillow is designed to hold your neck and provide support while you sleep. The support is balanced with effortless comfort to ensure the user will wake up refreshed and pain free.
• This pillow is priced relatively cheaper with free shipping. Certainly not the cheapest pillow on the list, but not the expensive either.
• If you have any problems with the pillow within 30 days of shipment, then you can return the pillow for a full refund.
• Pillow is made without any harmful metals like formaldehyde and mercury allowing the pillow to conform perfectly to the user’s neck.
• Pillow seems to only come by itself with no other supplies.
• Doesn’t seem to be any way of height adjustment.
7. Scandvia CPAP Pillow.
This is another pillow designed for our side-sleepers out there. The pillow is equipped with high-quality neck support to eliminate air leaks in your CPAP machine allowing you to sleep comfortably throughout the night. The pillows combines soothing comfort with strong support for your neck so you’ll be waking up refreshed and free of aches and pains.
• Satisfaction guarantee allows users to get a replacement pillow free of charge if the user isn’t satisfied with their pillow.
• Priced in the cheaper categories.
• Prevents air leakage to allow for a full night of uninterrupted rest.
• Some users have complained about the memory foam being a little squishy.
• Pillow by itself is pretty bare and doesn’t seem to come with much else.
8. Hudson Industries SleePAP CPAP Pillow.
This pillow conforms to those who sleep on their stomach, face, and side. The pillow has the side cut out to allow the mask and hose to fit on the user’s face uninterrupted during sleep. This will allow the user to rest without fear of air leakage or nasal buildup. The pillow also comes equipped with a pillow case that is machine washable and made with an elusively comfortable fabric.
• Pillow comes equipped with a comforting pillow case that is machine washable.
• Pillow’s design prevents red marks and pressure sores.
• Pillow cut design allows for user to use multiple sleeping positions.
• No money-back guarantee.
• Pillow can’t be purchased with the pillow case on certain websites. To get the pillow with the pillow case you have to go to cpap.com.
9. Core CPAP Pillow.
This pillow allows users to sleep in multiple positions and on both sides. The shape of the pillow allows for easy accommodation of the user’s mask and hose. The pillow also comes with a pillow case that is machine washable.
• Prevents mask leaks and pressure point soreness.
• Comes with a fitted pillow case.
• Listed relatively cheap with free shipping.
• Doesn’t contain a money-back guarantee.
• Doesn’t seem to stick out more than a lot of other CPAP pillows on the market.
10. Carex CPAP Pillow.
This pillow gives firm support while allowing users to freely roam around to different sleep positions throughout the night. Carex is a leading developer in CPAP supplies, so you can be sure this pillow is the real deal. The pillow’s design allows for conformation to any CPAP machine and mask type leaving no unique user out of the picture.
• Listed as one of the cheapest pillows on this list.
• Allows for smooth roaming at night with no fear of your mask loosening or falling off.
• Developed by a leader in CPAP supplies.
• No money-back guarantee.
• This is one of the more lower rated pillows as some of the customer reviews have claimed this pillow seems to not be too different than just an ordinary pillow.
Well, there you have it. A complete list of some of the most highly rated pillows for CPAP users on the market. With a list this wide and varied you should be able to narrow down your perfect pillow in no time. There’s plenty of options to choose from, so make sure to consider all the pros and cons on this list.
CPAP users are unique and have different needs. That’s why these pillows all have different attributes that are unique to them. When shopping for your perfect pillow, be sure to ask if this pillow is best for you and if this pillow will help you rest easy.