Top 10 Best Day Bed Mattresses Reviewed for 2020
So, you’re in the market for a new daybed mattress, but combing through the countless options available feels equivalent to a bad’s night sleep. Don’t fret! We sorted through customer feedback, evaluated expert analysis, and compared quality and value for you.
The result: eleven comfortable options for you to consider—from squishy to springy—that suit every body type and budget. Following you’ll find the top-selling daybed mattress, along with a synopsis to make your shopping experience easier.
What You Should Know Before Buying a Daybed Mattress
Before delving into the review, you should familiarize yourself with a few things to help facilitate your decision. Two of the main reasons people purchase a daybed is because they are multi functional and compact. And while many seem to focus on the frame for aesthetic purposes, it’s the mattress that really should get the most attention.
After all, a daybed should not only be stylish, but comfy, too. The mattresses measure 39″ wide and 75″ long, with varying degrees of thickness and materials used in its construction. Pay close attention to this when looking for a mattress to suit your needs. Material options include foam, springs, and hybrids that stand between 6-12″ high.
Since daybeds are so small, they need to contain breathable materials or cooling gel to regulate the body temperature, have support around the edges to prevent roll-off, and feature supportive materials to accommodate the body’s weight.
Above all, the mattress should include a sleep trial and provide a lengthy warranty. Without further delay, here are the top daybed mattresses for your consideration.
1. Classic Brands Cool Gel Ventilated Gel Memory Foam 8-Inch Mattress
Classic Brands combines the best components of memory foam and gel to provide a plush surface to rest your head and buttocks. With two-inches of cooling gel and six-inches of high-density memory foam, this mattress cradles every part of the body. Plus, it’s CertiPUR-US Certified, hypoallergenic, making it a perfect choice for allergy sufferers.
- Open-cell construction allows air to travel freely
- Adjusts to the body’s temperature
- Reshapes itself to conform to your sleeping posture
- Resists allergens, dust, mold, and bacteria
- Takes up to 72 hours to fluff up to its full height
- Cooling properties may die out
2. Zinus Ultima Comfort Memory Foam 8 Inch Mattress
With three layers of BioFoam (a raw plant-based material), the Zinus Ultima leaps ahead of most other mattresses. Two inches of memory foam, two inches of pressure-relieving foam, and a four-inch high-density support foam base offers a luxe, cloud-like feel and conforms to your body. It’s a dream for side and stomach sleepers. A knitted jacquard cover protects the mattress, while the BioFoam helps keep the mattress fresh.
- CertiPUR-US Certified for durability, performance, and content
- Knitted jacquard cover protects the mattress
- 10-year Worry-free limited warranty
- Not the best choice for people with vertebrae problems
- Sags over time
3. Modway Aveline 8″ Gel Infused Memory Foam Twin Mattress
Similar to other memory foam mattresses, the Modway Aveline hugs the body and supports its weight. Ventilated gel-infused memory foam tops a dense base layer to provide cooling comfort and support the joints, regardless of sleeping position. A stretched-knit top allows air to flow and keeps the mattress from feeling spongy, adding years of life to the cushion.
- Supportive, cool, and comfortable
- Free of ozone depleters, formaldehyde, mercury, and other heavy metals
- 10-year warranty
- Emits foul odor after unboxing, which can last up to three days
- Not designed for frequent use
4. Nectar Gel Memory Foam Twin Mattress
The Nectar Mattress has five layers that create a firm, relaxing feel. From the bottom, a breathable base layer provides a stable foundation for the core memory foam panel. Gel memory foam lies in the center to provide welcoming relief to those experiencing back pain. The second sheet provides elevation, and the Tencel cover wicks away moisture.
- Provides 180-day risk-free trial
- Offers a generous Forever warranty
- Bed-bug resistant Tencel cooling cover
- Includes two premium pillows
- Ships in a duffel bag wrapped in plastic
5. LUCID 10 Inch Gel Memory Foam Mattress
The highlight of the Lucid 10″ mattress is its 2.5″ plush microscopic beads that sit atop resilient 7.5″ high-density foam. With responsive open-cell memory foam, weight spreads and leaves no long-lasting impressions. Moreover, the ventilated design and Tencel-blend fabric overlay allow air to circulate continuously, promoting a more comfortable sleep environment.
- Tencel-blend cover regulates temperature and controls moisture
- Dual-layer provides excellent support
- Does not offer enough support for individuals weighing 200+ pounds
- Body sinks into the mattress, making it difficult to get up
6. Signature Sleep Memoir 8-Inch Memory Foam Mattress
The Signature Sleep Memoir is one of the best memory foam mattresses on the market. As soon as you adjust to your favorite sleeping position, it provides balanced support and personalized comfort to give you a fantastic sleeping experience. Although this mattress contains 8″ of high-density memory foam, it is best suited for rooms with occasional visitors, as it tends to soften and lose support over time.
- Relieves pressure on the shoulders, hips, and feet
- Dense foam core offers years of durability
- Eliminates motion disturbance
- Non-removable cover
- May become to soft with frequent use
7. Zinus Memory Foam 12 Inch Green Tea Mattress
The Zinus memory foam 12″ Green Tea mattress is an excellent choice for side sleepers. It’s spongy on the top and firm in the middle. Not only does this mattress offer excellent support and motion isolation, but also it’s infused with green tea extract and castor natural seed oil, which prevents odor and bacteria. On the downside, the cover appears flimsier than those found on comparable brands.
- Nice, squishy surface
- High-density foam provides durability and stability
- Reasonably priced
- Odor can take up to a week to dissipate after unpacking
- Thin cover
8. Tuft & Needle Twin Mattress
To stay ahead of the competition, Tuft & Needle continuously comes up with new designs. Instead of memory foam, Tuft & Needle uses a signature adaptive foam to stuff mattresses. Rotating sleepers will enjoy the cool, springy, supportive surface. A word of caution: If you regularly sleep on a memory foam mattress, you may find that the Tuft & Needle offers a firmer feel, and may require a period of adjustment.
- 100-night sleep trial
- Doesn’t sag
- Localized bounce
- Holds up under the weight of 200+ pounds
- Lacking in edge support
- Much firmer than memory foam
9. Bear Hybrid Mattress
For full edge-to-edge support, it’s hard to beat the Bear hybrid mattress. Designed with athletes in mind, this mattress features soothing foam, pocketed coils, and a medically approved Celliant cover to alleviate joint and muscle pain. Durable quantum coils line the perimeter to reduce roll-off. Plus, the brand’s exclusive premium foam provides more than four times the pressure relief of standard foam mattresses, and hypersoft cooling gel produces a refreshing airy sensation.
- A hand-quilted Celliant fiber top facilitates a deeper sleep
- Responsive transition foam delivers airflow and pressure relief
- Premium comfort foam adapts to all body positions
- Exceptional edge support
- Only offers a 30-trial
10. AVOCADO GREEN MATTRESS
Handmade in the U.S, the Avocado Green hybrid mattress contains GOLS organic certified latex, organic cotton, and pocketed recycled steel coils, making it a perfect option for those who prefer eco-friendly materials. This mattress is bouncy, firm, and supportive. Reinforced edges and extended springs prevent roll-off, and a firm center and lower-body support keep the shoulder and hips aligned.
- Individually wrapped coils flex independently to conform to your body’s natural curves
- Breathable materials ensure strong air circulation and consistent cool temperature
- Tufting construction gives the mattress a luxurious appeal
- Convenient side handles
- May be too firm for light sleepers
- Heavy, making it difficult to move
11. Zinus Memory Foam 6 Inch Green Tea Mattress
If you’re looking for a cheap, comfortable mattress, for a single daybed, the Zinus memory foam 6″ model may be what you need. At 30-inches wide, it is smaller than a standard daybed mattress, but you still get the conforming comfort that Zinus is known for, plus its herbal extract infusion helps it stay fresh. Don’t expect to sleep on this mattress for months at a time. It’s mainly for an occasional nap and sitting.
- Mattress layers include: 1″ memory foam, 5″ airflow high density base support foam
- BioFoam construction
- Absorbs motion well
- Mild off-gassing
- Unable to remove cover for washing
Which Mattress is Right for You?
Only you can make that decision. But here are some final thoughts. The top three contenders are the AVOCADO GREEN, the Bear Hybrid mattress, and the Nectar Gel Memory Foam mattress.
If you’re an eco-conscious consumer, the AVOCADO GREEN is the way to go. It features organic materials and innerspring technology to provide the perfect level of support for stomach, side, and back sleepers.
With the Bear Hybrid mattress, you’re not only getting cooling comfort from the gel, but also up to four times the foam of other mattresses. Plus, the Celliant topper emits infrared rays to increase circulation and promote relaxation and deep sleep.
Nectar’s gel memory foam mattress stands out from the crowd due to its five layers of comfort and bug-resistant cover.
Find one that suits your budget and comfort level and grab it today.