Top 10 Best Egg Crate Mattress Toppers Reviewed for 2020
When shopping for a mattress, one of the things that people often forget about is a mattress cover. These are extra layers of foam to help you get the most comfortable sleep you possibly can. While there are many different types to choose from, the one that we’re going to look at today are the egg crate types.
These mattress toppers have bumps that are built on top of the foam. Not only does this design help you feel cradled, but it also helps keep air circulating, which is essential to not getting overheated at night. These bumps can also help relieve pressure on your pressure points and help you have less aches and pains.
Even with the benefits of an egg crate mattress cover, it’s not as easy as you think to pick one out. There are many different options and some are made much better than others. Before going and buying one, you’ll want to look at the features of a few different ones and see which one will meet your needs the best. To make that a little bit easier, we’ve put together a list of the top 10 egg crate mattresses available and all of their features!
1. LUCID 2 Inch 5 Zone Lavender Memory Foam Mattress Topper
Not only does this mattress topper have 2 inches of memory foam, but it also has 5 different zones for different parts of your body. These 5 zones all have different textures, which helps relieve pressure point areas and give you the highest amount of comfort possible. These different textures can also prevent a lot of tossing and turning during the night.
In addition, the memory foam is infused with the scent of lavender, which can help you sleep better and deeper. In addition, the foam is made to be extremely soft and responsive, which can help you get to sleep easily and actually stay asleep. It’s also very easy to use. All you have to do is lay it right on top of your mattress and put your sheet over it. The sheet should hold it into place and reduce the chance of it sliding and moving around.
- It has 5 different zones for high comfort.
- It is infused with lavender scent.
- It has different textures to help with pressure points.
- The only thing that’s holds it in place is the sheet.
- The lavender scent can be a little irritating to those with allergies.
2. Milliard 2-Inch Egg Crate Ventilated Memory Foam Mattress Topper
This mattress topper is made so that it conforms right to your body and makes you feel like you’re being cradled. It’s also made to help alleviate joint and muscle pain, as well as pain that comes from pressure on your pressure points. This is great for those that often wake up with sore spots or aches.
The 2 inches of foam is made from thick memory foam that is made from high quality materials. It’s also made with open cells, which helps keep everything well ventilated. This also helps keep everything cool, which is great for those that get easily overheated while sleeping.
The materials are also completely hypoallergenic and anti-microbial. This means that those with allergies or asthma don’t have to worry about having some kind of reaction to the materials or chemicals. They’ll be able to get a better night’s sleep.
- It’s hypoallergenic and anti-microbial.
- It’s made from high quality memory foam.
- It helps relieve aches and pains.
- It only has 1 texture throughout.
- The spaces between the bumps aren’t very deep.
3. Zinus 2 Inch Swirl Gel Memory Foam Air Flow Topper
Not only is this mattress topper made from memory foam, but it also has cooling gel built in. This means it does a better job of keeping you cool on hot nights. This is a great feature for those that waking up sweating or extremely overheated during the night. In addition to the cooling gel, it also has tiny holes to help improve airflow and help the mattress topper breath.
The mattress itself has green tea extract and natural castor oil, which helps get rid of and prevent any odor-causing bacteria. This is great because you don’t want to sleep on something that smells every night. You also don’t want to take the chance of inhaling any type of bacteria that could cause you to get sick.
Another great thing about the foam that makes up this mattress topper is that it is certified for durability and performance!
- It has cooling gel built in.
- It’s certified to be high quality.
- It fights odor-causing bacteria.
- The green tea extract and castor oil could cause reactions.
- It might be too cold for some people.
4. Best Price Mattress Egg Crate Lavender Cooling Mattress Topper
In addition to this mattress topper being made from high quality memory foam, it also has lavender scent built right in. This is awesome because lavender has been proven to help you sleep better and deeper. The foam itself is made in a way that conforms to your body and gives you a better chance of getting high quality sleep.
Another great thing about the foam is that it’s made to help isolate motion. Not only does this help those that toss and turn sleep better, but you’ll also be able to get up and down without having to worry about disturbing or waking up your partner.
The foam itself is certified to be high quality and made in a way that will give you the maximum amount of comfort possible. It’s also certified to be very durable and responsive!
- It’s certified to be high quality.
- It isolates most motion.
- It conforms right to your body.
- The lavender might cause reactions.
- It’s only held in place by the sheet.
5. Linenspa 3 Inch Convoluted Gel Swirl Memory Foam Mattress Topper
With an open cell design, this mattress pad is made to promote air flow and help you stay cool at night. It’s also made in a way that cradles your body and helps distribute all of you weight evenly. This is great because you’ll have less pressure on the parts of your body that are susceptible to aches and pains.
The memory foam that the topper is made with conforms to your body and makes you feel like you’re being cradled. The areas between the bumps are deep enough that they support pressure point areas, but not too deep that you feel like you’re being completely consumed. This type of construction really helps you wake up without a lot of common aches and pains.
It’s pretty easy to use too. All you do is put it right on top of your mattress and throw a sheet over it to make sure it stays in place!
- It’s made with an open cell design.
- You’ll wake up with less aches and pains.
- It’s very easy to use.
- It can break apart easily.
- Even with the open cell design, it can sleep pretty hot.
6. DMI Convoluted Foam Bed Pad Mattress Topper
This mattress topper is made with foam that is medical grade. It’s made in a way that helps airflow and helps your weight be evenly distributed. This means you can sleep cooler at night, while also being able to feel supported on all the different parts of your body.
The bumps are made in 2 different sizes to help give you the most comfort. It’s made this way to help alleviate the pressure that pushes against your pressure points. This is great because this pressure can lead to things like sores, aches and pains.
Not only can it be used on regular beds, but it can also be used on hospital type ones. This will help patients be very comfortable, especially those that can’t move around too much. They won’t have to worry about laying on a hard mattress and developing sore spots!
- It can fit normal beds and hospital beds.
- It distributes weight evenly.
- It helps eliminate aches and pains.
- It takes several hours to fully expand.
- The 2 bump sizes might be too much for some people.
7. Beautyrest 5-Zone Contour Comfort Memory Foam Topper
Made with memory foam that conforms to your body, this mattress pad is a great option for those that need something a little extra. It’s made in a way that makes it have 5 different zones and a few different texture types. This is ideal for people who have a lot of aches and pains in multiple body parts.
It’s also made in a way that helps air flow through very easily, which helps keep you cool on hot nights and warm on cold ones. The construction of the foam is made in a way that keeps movement to a minimum, so you don’t have to worry about waking or disturbing your partner when you move or get up.
The foam itself is certified to be high quality and durable. This means you’ll be able to use it for longer periods!
- It has 5 different zones for different body parts.
- It has different textures to alleviate pressure point pain.
- It’s certified to be high quality.
- The different zones and textures might be too much for some people.
- It takes a really long time to expand.
8. Geneva Healthcare Egg Crate Convoluted Foam Mattress
If you’re looking for something that can give you a high amount of comfort, then this mattress topper is a great choice! It’s made in a way that keeps everything cool and dry, which is great for those that sweat a lot during the night. It’s also made to cradle you and feel like you’re being encased in comfort.
The spaces between the bumps are deep enough to alleviate pain that comes from pressure points, without being too deep to really offer any help. They also aren’t too shallow to where it pokes into your body and causing pains all over your body.
The foam is actually hospital grade, which means it’s great for preventing things like pressure sores or various types of ulcers. It’s especially great for those patients that can’t really move around too much because they won’t be laying on a hard mattress in one place.
- The foam is hospital grade.
- It helps alleviate aches and pains.
- It helps keeps everything dry and cool.
- It takes at least 24 hours to expand.
- It might be bigger than the actual mattress.
9. Flexapedic by Sleep Philosophy Gel Memory Foam Mattress Topper
Made with 100% memory foam, this mattress pad is great at conforming to your body and making you feel like you’re laying in a cloud. It’s made in a way that gives all the heavier parts of your body the support they need, without giving too much support to the lighter areas of your body.
It’s also made with open cell technology, which can help keep you cool on hot nights and warm on cold ones. It also helps limit movement, so you won’t have to worry about waking up or disturbing your partner in the middle of the night.
While it’s not a good idea to throw the whole mattress pad into the washer, it can be easily cleaned by using a mild detergent and a washcloth! You might have to do a little scrubbing, but it’ll look fantastic once the areas are clean!
- It has open cell technology.
- It’s easy to clean.
- It gives great support to heavier parts of your body.
- It isn’t really fire retardant.
- If you get too hot at night, it might not give you enough cooling.
10. Vaunn Medical Egg Crate Convoluted Foam Mattress Topper – (Hospital Bed Twin Size)
Not only is this mattress topper made to keep you cool and dry, but it also conforms to your body. You also don’t have to worry about the topper giving too much movement because it’s made so that movement is isolated to the area it happens in. This is great for those that have partners that can be easily disturbed.
The fact that it’s medical grade means that patients will have less chance of developing things like pressure sores or different types of ulcers. This is especially beneficial to those that can’t really move around too much on their own. They’ll have less issues with aches and pains.
The foam that is used in this mattress topper is certified to be high quality and durable, which means you can use it for longer and not have to worry about replacing it right away!
- It’s hospital grade foam.
- It helps alleviate aches and pains.
- It’s certified to be high quality and durable.
- It’s not great to use with normal beds because it’s made for hospital beds.
- Those that get hotter than others might find they overheat at night.
All in all, each one of these mattress toppers are great options. Each one will work for different situations, but the best one for most people is the LUCID 2 Inch 5 Zone Lavender Memory Foam Mattress Topper. Not only does it have 5 different zones and textures for maximum comfort, but it also has lavender scent to help you sleep better. If you’re looking for a mattress topper that’s going to help you get better sleep and alleviate a lot of your aches and pains, then this is a great option! You’ll be on your way to great sleep in no time!