Top 10 Best Latex Hybrid Mattresses Reviewed for 2020
In a mattress, there are three parts to it, the support component, comfort component, and the base. Latex mattresses generally consist of latex being placed in either the support area or the comfort area, but some do both. Some only include one layer of latex and use polyfoam in one area instead. Latex hybrids are different in that regard.
Hybrids are made with a mixture of coils and latex in the comfort layers. Generally, a hybrid is using latex, memory or gel foam, and innerspring mattress parts to offer a better sleep experience.
A good latex hybrid will consist of a minimum of two inches of memory foam, gel foam, or latex in the comfort areas to provide cushioning and body-conforming to relieve pressure points. The pocketed coils are the base layer and offer the necessary support of not just the middle but the edges too. This helps keep the spine aligned and is ideal for helping rid of backaches. The coils can also offer no sleep disturbances when sleeping with another person.
Overall, latex hybrids are many more advantages than your typical innerspring mattress. They offer longevity, can be resistant to dust mites for people who have allergens, and provide motion isolation. They also help with many problems people tend to suffer from using a regular mattress like backaches, stiff necks, or shoulder pain because of their thick comfort layers that have body conforming materials.
The price for a latex hybrid can vary depending on the size of the mattress, the features you want, and the brand. Online-only brand mattress do tend to offer them at a lower price than what you would get in a store. Below is a list of the top 10 latex hybrid mattresses for sale. Each mattress we chose we thoroughly researched and is based on a combination of that and verified purchaser and owner experiences.
1. LUCID 10 Inch Latex Hybrid Mattress – Cooling Gel Memory Foam
The Lucid 10in Latex Hybrid Mattress comes with a variety of different features. It has a 2.5in real latex and gel-infused memory foam that conforms to your comfort and gives support. There’s a 2in support foam with dual transition layers for minimizing motion transfer. It comes with 5.5in of individually encased steel coils that increase airflow and respond to movement and comes with a 5in edge support for the edges. This bed is ideal for aligning the spine while relieving the pressure points while you sleep and for support.
• Real latex and gel-infused memory foam
• Individually encased steel foils
• Edge support
• Has no sink with firmness
• The mattress can be a little on the heavy side
• Its medium firmness might not be what some are used to or prefer
2. BedStory Natural Latex Hybrid Mattress
BedStory has been manufacturing beds for over 35 years so you know you are getting good a quality mattress. The BedStory Natural Latex Hybrid Mattress offers several different features and mattress sizes. It comes with 2.6in of memory foam that conforms to your body’s shape to relieve pressure and enhance comfort. Since it has a hybrid design, it has a good balance of firmness and softness. Each of the coils is individually wrapped preventing the feeling of movement if you share a bed with someone. The cover is made of knit fabric to absorb moisture and allow for airflow to keep you cool.
• Natural latex layer keeps your body cool
• Individually wrapped coils for no sensations of movement when bed-sharing
• Medium firmness but still soft to keep the spine aligned, relieve pressure, and no sinking
• The mattress can take a few days to settle after being unpackaged
• Can be a little heavy so movement can be difficult
3. Sunrising Bedding Natural Latex Mattress
The Sunrising Bedding Natural Latex Mattress uses natural latex. The top layer is of Talalay Latex technology. This form of latex contains no toxins or chemicals, it’s made from Malaysia rubber tree’s sap. The memory foam and gel foam layer allow for airflow to keep you cool at night so you get much better rest. The mattress is of medium firmness to keep the spine aligned and alleviate any pressure points. There are over 852 individual coils to help keep the mattress’ shape and to avoid sagging and sinking.
• Made with non-toxic materials
• Gel foam layer keeps your body cool at night
• Steel coils help keep the mattress last longer
• The mattress is on the heavy side regardless of the size you choose
• Medium firmness is ideal for most sleepers but some might not prefer it
4. AVOCADO GREEN MATTRESS
The Avocado Green Mattress is made of certified organic latex, wool, and cotton. It doesn’t contain any toxic chemicals or substances. There is even a vegan version that doesn’t contain wool! The organic latex is ideal for durability, temperature control, and is more eco-friendly. The cotton provides a soft feel and is more breathable than other fabrics. The wool is ideal because it offers temperature control, resistant to dust mites, and is naturally anti-microbial. It also offers 5 strategic zones for pressure point support. The coils are designed to give the bed a consistent level of support throughout, improve airflow, and support the spine. This mattress also includes edge support. There are even 2 kinds available, Avocado Green and Pillow-top version offering 2 kinds of firmness.
• Edge support
• Made with organic materials and there is a vegan version of the mattress available
• Pressure point support
• Handles for easy handling
• 2 different kinds of firmness with green version and pillow-top version
• The mattress can be very heavy especially if you go with version 2
• With the medium firmness for the Avocado version, it can be an adjustment for side and stomach sleepers
5.Brooklyn Bedding Bloom Hybrid – premium
The Brooklyn Bedding Bloom Hybrid mattress has three levels of firmness for its various sizes ensuring you get the proper support you want or need. It’s made from Joma Wool and organic cotton, so you have the breathability, temperature control, and moisture absorption. The 3in of natural latex is made with Talalay latex. This relaxes your muscles and relieves tension while you are asleep. The 8in base has 1,189 individually wrapped coils that ensure stable support and lack of motion sensations for those who sleep with a partner. The 1in high foam density base adds to the durability of the mattress.
• Made of organic materials
• Uses Talalay latex technology
• Coils offer added support with motion isolation
• Medium firmness might be an issue for some sleepers
• The mattress can be on the heavy side so it can be hard to move it around
6. LINENSPA 10 Inch Latex Hybrid Mattress
The Linenspa 10in Latex Hybrid Mattress has four layers of foam and latex to give this mattress the support required but without being too firm. It uses Dunlop latex and the four layers consist of two fast response foam, transition foam, and then the latex. Since latex is a temperature neutral material, the hybrid mix allows you to sleep at a cooler temperature than if you were to have an all-foam mattress. The steel coils are individually wrapped the ensure you won’t feel the motion of someone getting out of bed if you sleep with someone and they are encased with foam to provide edge support. The Linenspa also comes with a 10-year warranty and a 100-night trial.
• Uses Dunlop latex vs Talalay latex which is lighter and airier
• Has edge support
• The steel coils offer motion isolation
• While for most it can be a pro, Dunlop latex could also be a con since it’s a tougher type of latex it will take some people an adjustment
• Mattress takes a few days to settle out
7. Cedar Natural Luxe Mattress
The Cedar Natural Luxe Mattress is made of pure organic materials and no-toxic chemicals and materials. It’s made of natural wool from New Zealand, organic cotton from India, and imported coconut shell husk buttons. They use a zoned latex set up that provides support, firmness, makes comfort zones, motion isolation, and goes with your body’s natural curves. The firmness is a medium but is flexible to use on an adjustable base. It has 5 zone support because of the coils used and even covers the edges.
• Uses eco-friendly materials and is handmade
• Offers edge support and motion isolation
• Flexible to be used on an adjustable base
• The medium firmness can be an adjustment for some sleepers
• Because of the natural materials, it does have a slight odor for a few days
8. Nest Bedding Natural Hybrid Latex Mattress
The Nest Bedding Natural Hybrid Latex Mattress is made of natural and organic materials. They use organic knit cotton and Joma wool for the cover and Dunlop latex. It has three layers of foam, 1.5in of eco flex quilting foam, 1in of support foam and 1.5in of eco-friendly comfort foam. It offers 3in of medium latex and 6in of edge coil support with pocketed coils. There are also many options to choose from in turns of firmness.
• 6 firmness options
• Made with natural and organic materials
• Offers edge support
• Uses Dunlop latex which can be too rough for those who are used to other types of latex, like Talalay
• The mattress can take a few days to get used to and settle in
9. Voila Box Luxury Hybrid Coil-Spring Latex Mattress
The Viola Box Luxury Hybrid Coil-Spring Latex Mattress has 768 pocket coils in 5 zones to provide proper support and even triple edge support. It has gel memory foam layers and latex that is designed to not only give you comfort and conform to your body’s shape but also provide airflow for cooling. This allows you to rest peacefully without waking up from being too hot or being too cold. The Viola Box is also ranked #1 for a mattress brand so you know you are getting a quality product.
• Multiple mattress sizes available
• Viola Box brand is ranked number 1 in a mattress brand so you are getting quality
• Triple edge support
• The mattress weighs 130lbs so it is on the heavy side
• Takes a few days to settle in
10. Eco Terra Natural Latex Hybrid Mattress
The Eco Terra Natural Latex Hybrid Mattress offers several different sizes of mattresses and two different firm types, medium and medium firm. It has a 3in plush layer of Talalay latex. It’s hypoallergenic and doesn’t contain any toxic chemicals or materials. It also has individually wrapped coils, a wool fire barrier, and a cotton cover that’s organic. The latex allows for proper support without being overly firm. This mattress also offers no motion disturbances because of the wrapped coils. It also is dust mite resistant and relieves pressure points.
• Lightweight compared to most mattresses we looked at
• Offers different mattress sizes and firmness
• Made of non-toxic chemicals and materials
• No motion disturbances
• No edge support
• No memory or gel foam
Overall, all of the mattresses we looked today are great for those who are looking to try a hybrid latex mattress. There’s one that stands out in particular though. The Avocado Green Mattress stands out when compared to the others for various reasons. It offers edge support, it’s made of all organic materials, it has 2 firmness options available, and even has handles on the side for easy movement. While some of the other mattresses offered similar features, this one had more options and all of the qualities you’d want in a mattress. If you are looking for a hybrid latex mattress that will improve your quality of sleep, then this is the one for you.