Top 10 Best Mattresses for Fibromyalgia Reviewed for 2020
Fibromyalgia is a condition that can cause sleep disturbances due to muscle aches, pains and stiffness in the body. I would know, but the great news is if you find just the right mattress that provides the right support to all pressure points of the body, you can find comfort again.
If you are curious to what the top 10 mattresses are for people suffering from fibromyalgia you have come to the right spot. With this bit of insight finding the perfect mattress for this painful condition will be a breeze, and that is because all the research is already done for you.
But, before we get into the best mattresses to sleep on with this particular condition let us first discuss what fibromyalgia is and what it does, and what you need to consider before purchasing your new mattress. After all, we want you to find a mattress that suits your particular needs.
I know first hand that fibromyalgia affects everyone’s body differently and what may work for some people may not work the best for you because again the condition affects particular areas of the body differently in individuals.
So, what is fibromyalgia and why is it important to find the right mattress?
Fibromyalgia is a syndrome that causes intense aches, pains, weakness and stiffness within the soft tissues and muscles of the body. The pain can be so intense that a person suffering from this syndrome cannot bare to move and would prefer to stay in bed for the day. That is one of the main reasons finding the right mattress is important to an individual suffering from this dreadful condition.
Another reason finding the right bed to sleep in is so important to sufferers of this condition is because their bodies are extremely sensitive to heat and cold. I personally am always cold so my particular mattress helps retain body heat. If heat makes your condition worse you will want to consider a mattress that helps keep your body cooler.
Along with regulating the temperature of the body, this muscular disorder as I mentioned before needs the right support. For some people a firm mattress is best, and for others a soft foamy one is better. With my fibromyalgia I feel discomfort in my legs and hips and find a memory foam mattress is the absolute best.
With all that said, sadly there is no cure for this condition so the only way we as sufferers can cope with it is by management. This includes a healthy diet, gentle exercise, warm baths in bath salts, pain medication, and getting the proper amount of rest which can happen with the right mattress. So, let’s move on to the top 10 mattresses that are best for people suffering from this condition.
1. The Nectar Mattress
If your fibromyalgia worsens with heat the Nectar mattress is one to consider. I say this because it is made with quilted gel foam and a cooling cover that always allows air to flow so heat doesn’t become an issue. This mattress comes in all sizes starting from twin going all the way up to a California king.
* Mattress comes with two premium pillows for added extra comfort
* Sleep trial period to try out the mattress
* Life long warranty
* Provides firmness
* Molds to your body’s pressure points
* Bug resistant
* Has an odor after opening package
* Provides only firmness as support and comfort
2. Layla Sleep Memory Foam Mattress
The Layla Sleep Memory Foam Mattress is one constructed from copper infused memory foam. This allows the mattress to stay cool and breathable while you are sleeping. This mattress comes in all standard sizes ranging from twin to california king and is perfect for fibromyalgia sufferers who are sensitive to heat because not only does it keep them cool, but it is also a reverse comfort mattress.
* Mattress made with copper infused memory foam
* Flippable firmness technology for perfect comfort
* Comes with thermo-gel covers
* You can return the mattress for free
* Made in the United States
* Provides only a 120 day trial period
* Doesn’t keep in body heat
* Fitted sheets don’t fit well
3. Casper Sleep Foam Mattress
The Casper Mattress is amazing and is one I use because it relieves pain in my body as I lay in it and it supports all pressure points by forming to me. Most importantly, it provides support mainly to the hips and shoulders and is made from breathable, yet warm material. The mattress is made with softness along with some firmness so it doesn’t feel stiff, yet doesn’t cause you to sink in when your sleeping.
* Is easy to get in and out of
* Made with durable springs
* provides zoned area support to hips and shoulders
* Pressure relieving
* Made from breathable foam
* Comes with free shipping and returns
* Only comes with a 10 year warranty
* Has only a 100 day trial period
4. Dreamfoam Bedding Willow 12” Eurotop Latex Mattress
This latex mattress comes in all standard sizes and has a unique custom crafted 12” mattress with a Eurotop zipper enclosure that allows you to adjust the firmness levels of the latex layers to achieve your comfort level. The first layer is a 1 inch quilted top layer of soft reflex foam. The second layer is a 3 inch latex foam that instantly contours to your body; and the last layer is an 8 inch density convoluted base foam that allows air flow, conform-ability and durability.
* It’s available in three firmness levels
* Made without ozone depletes
* Mattress alleviates pressures on the body
* Resistant to heat and moisture
* Forms to the body for providing comfort
* Maintains the right temperature for you
* Only has a 10 year warranty
* Foam mattress takes about 24 hours to expand
* Has an odor after opening packaging
5. Bear Hybrid Mattress
The Bear Hybrid Mattress is made with Celliant technology, which is clinically proven to promote sleep and aid in pain relief by providing pressure point support. The mattress is also Green-guard Gold Certified and made with breathable foam material to help keep your body at the perfect temperature. This mattress is perfect for fibromyalgia sufferers because its pocketed coil system reduces motion transfer, which means if your partner gets off the bed you won’t feel it when your laying in bed and in pain because of your condition.
* Comes in all standard sizes
* It is made from celliant technology
* It has soft gel cooling foam
* It adapts to all body forms
* Mattress provides high density support
* Allows for Free Shipping and Returns
* Comes with a 20 Year Warranty
* Not for side or back sleepers
* Not for people that prefer firmness
* Still made with some chemicals
6. The WinkBed
The WinkBed Mattress comes in four different comfort levels and all standard sizes. This mattress has multiple support zones that provide back support while also applying lighter pressure support to your limbs. Best of all, you can sleep all the way to the edge of the bed if you want to because it has an edge support system. The edge support system makes it easy to get in and out of bed for fibromyalgia sufferers like myself.
* Built in 3 step back relief system
* Contains motion isolation technology
* Built in anti-sagging support system
* Mattress allows air flow
* Relieves muscle tension as you sleep
* Provides extra support to hips and legs
* Comes with a Lifetime Warranty
* Takes two weeks for delivery
* Standard size fitted sheets don’t fit properly
7. Brooklyn Bedding Bowery 10 inch Medium Comfort Mattress
The Brooklyn Bedding Bowery Mattress is a medium layered comfort mattress. It provides not only the right support for sleepers that sleep on their back, stomach and side, but a built in foam system that keeps the body at the perfect temperature by allowing air to move easily through it. The mattress is made with base support foam, transitional comfort foam, and is then topped off with Energex foam. Those who suffer more of fibromyalgia problems in the back and sides of their body could benefit from the support this mattress provides.
* Mattress is made from breathable foam
* Mattress can be custom made for comfort
* Comes with a hassle free warranty
* Mattress is made without ozone depleters
* Available in standard sizes
* Easy to open on a box spring
* Only comes with a 10 year warranty
* Doesn’t have a great edge support system
* Awful odor when opened from package
8. Loom and Leaf Memory Foam Mattress
The Loom and Leaf Memory Foam Mattress is one that is excellent for heavier weight sleepers and it comes in all standard sizes ranging from twin to California king. The great thing about this mattress for fibromyalgia patients is you can get a linear adjustable base with it so you can always adjust your position for just the right amount of comfort when your condition is flaring up. Most importantly, this mattress is only 12 inches high, making it easy to get in and out off.
* Comes with a 120 day trial period
* Great for heavier weight sleepers
* Mattress comes in firm and relaxed firm
* Mattress is made with organic cotton
* Provides support to the spine, back, and hips
* Free in home delivery and set up
* There is a fee for returning mattress
* Only has a 15 year warranty
* Only allows for a 120 day trial
9. Amerisleep AS3
The Amerisleep AS3 is a versatile mattress made with blends of support and softness by using a combination of Bio-Pur and HIVE comfort layers that create an airy, soft feeling that relieves pressure points within your body. It also has a FDA Celliant cover which can improve circulation within your body so relief from fibromyalgia pain can happen with ease while you are resting in bed.
* Mattress is only 12 inches high
* Comes in all standard sizes
* Mattress comes in different levels of firmness
* Great for back, side, and stomach sleepers
* Can be used as a futon mattress
* Allows the body to breathe during sleep
* Mattress is made from eco-friendly materials
* Free Returns Allowed
* Has only a 100 night trial period
* Mattress has a slight odor
10. Awara Latex Hybrid Mattress
The Awara Latex Hybrid Mattress is made with organic materials that are eco-friendly. It has a 9 inch layer of premium, individually-wrapped pocket coils to help with full-body including the spine support, which is outstanding for people like me suffering from fibromyalgia. The mattress also has the ability to reduce motion transfer so light sleepers don’t wake up when pets or partners climb out of bed. This mattress does come in all standard sizes as well.
* Mattress cover is made from 100 percent wool
* It is rain-forest alliance certified
* Mattress shapes to curves of your body
* Allows the body to breathe while sleeping
* Easy to move with its side handles
* It has a life long warranty
* Made from chemical free fire retardants
* Comes with a 365 day trial period
* Not for people with latex allergies
* Only comes in luxury firm
Conclusion for Top 10 Mattress for Fibromyalgia
Now that you have read this guide to the top 10 mattress for fibromyalgia picking out the right mattress for you should be easy. I know the one I would always recommend is the Casper Spring Foam Mattress because again I need hip and leg support while sleeping along with warmth. Not only does it provide me with the right support and the right temperature, but it has helped me get the rest I need by providing the right amount of firmness.
Remember, all fibromyalgia conditions require different levels of comfort and support. If you end up trying a mattress out and not liking it take advantage of the trial periods which allow you to return the mattress so you can pick another one out to try. After all, you do deserve to find the right mattress for you.