If you have ever ridden in or taken a vacation in a large recreational vehicle, or RV, then you know that most of them come fully equipped with a kind of bed that is able to hold a mattress. Usually, these bed-type platforms are built smaller and can therefore only support mattresses that are not a standard size and have much lower profiles.
However. there are dozens of different options of specialty made RV mattresses out on the market that are designed specifically to fit the size of most RV beds. There are also some standard mattresses that have smaller profiles that can fit into an RV sleeping space, though the sleeping space will then be a bit more compact.
If you have an RV then one of the reasons that you bought it was so that you could take extended vacations while on the open road without having to compromise all of your comforts of home. As such, you want the area you are sleeping in to be as comfortable as possible so that you can awake refreshed each day and ready to see and do more on your vacation. Below is a guide for the best RV mattresses for this year that are guaranteed to give you a comfortable, peaceful night’s sleep every time.
1.) Zinus 6 Inch Gel-Infused Green Tea Memory Foam Mattress
The Zinus Green Tea RV mattress is designed to keep you cool throughout the night so that you are able to get a deeper sleep that lasts all night long thanks to the green tea gel that is infused into the memory foam itself. The memory foam is designed to conform to how your body is naturally shaped so that you do not toss and turn but are completely supported as you sleep. During the day it returns to its original shape so that every time you lay down at night it is like laying your body on a cloud made especially for you.
Pros of Zinus mattress:
- made of knitted jacquard material
- green tea gel keeps yuo cool and comfortable all night
- Memory foam conforms to your body just right
- 1 inch gel-infused foam, 1 inch thick comfort memory foam
- memory foam is certified in durability. high-performance, long-lasting comfort
- improves nightly sleep by relieving any pressure point and allows your bones and joints to sink into foam copletely relaxing your body
- Does not come with memory foam pillows
- Some people report memory foam not being comfortable after just two years
2. Zinus Deluxe Memory Foam 8 Inch RV / Camper / Trailer / Truck Mattress
The Zinus Deluxe allows you to get a truly restful night’s sleep by supporting your body with the 8-inch memory foam on the top of this RV mattress. The memory foam conforms exactly to your body shape allowing you to just sink in and experience true comforting softness. The base layer of the Zinus Deluxe mattress is a high-density foam which helps to support your body while also ensuring it lasts forever and stays durable throughout the year.
Pros of the Zinus Deluxe 8-inch memory foam RV mattress:
- comes with a free 10-ear warranty to guarantee your comfort
- 2 inch memory foam in mattress, 2 inches of comfort foam, 4 inch support base foam
- Uses natural plant oils to keep mattress fresh for years
- CertiPUR-US certified so you know you are getting the best quality of foam
- Memory foam breaks down quickly
- Some users say it does not keep you cool throughout the night as stated
3. DynastyMattress 10GEL-QUEEN-RV 10-inch CoolBreeze Gel Memory Foam Mattress
This ten-inch RV mattress comes in a full queen size and has a firm, but comfortable memory foam topper that makes for a great night’s sleep. The mattress has 2.5 inches of Coolbreeze gel inside of it which is designed to help keep you cool all night promoting a more restful night’s sleep. It is made with the highest quality memory foam and has 4 layers to it for a body-conforming mattress that lasts for years.
The Dynasty Mattress comes with a white cover and soft brown suede sides, a fire barrier to protect you, and a cover that comes off and can be thrown in the wash. It is also CertiPUR-US certified so that you know you are getting the best quality of foam. The 4-layer memory foam mattress helps relieve any pressure points and allows for continuous airflow so you stay cool all night.
- 20- year warranty
- Fits into the smallest sleeping RV without compromising your space
- Keeps you from having night sweats
- Has a strong chemical smell at first
- does not include any queen sized pillows to match
4. Serenia Sleep 8-Inch Memory Foam RV Mattress
The Serenia Sleep RV mattress can come in any size from twin to king and includes custom RV sizes like short full and short queen. Each mattress size comes with 2 inches of memory foam on top giving you a comfortable mattress to sink into that remembers exactly how to conform to your body every time.
The top 2-inches of memory foam sits on top of a 6-inch base foam which provides you with support and stability. It then comes with a 4-way cover that can be taken off and thrown in the wash to that the mattress stays clean and fresh.
The memory foam on the mattress is temperature-sensitive so that you stay cool all night and therefore sleep better, and it disperses your weight evenly among the memory foam meaning your entire body is able to sing in and relax completely. It is CertiPUR-US certified for your peace of mind knowing you are getting the best quality foam into your mattress.
- crafted in the USA
- base supports you without making the mattress stiff
- memory foam does not allow you to transfer motion
- Is not as firm as many people want it
- Standard queen and king size seems too tight for RV
- Cover does not stay on well
5. DynastyMattress Deluxe 10-Inch Memory Foam Short Mattress for RV
This mattress is so comfortable that it can be compared right up there with the Tempur-Pedic deluxe mattress. It is made specifically for RV use and comes in the Short Queen size. This 10-inch memory foam mattress has 3 inches of elastic memory foam and a 7-inch layer base foam that has a unique airflow system within it meaning more air is able to circulate and keep you cool throughout the night, which in turn means that it helps to keep your mattress safe.
- Made of 100% Visco memory foam meaning it is totally mite and allergy free
- Has a four-way cover for easy removal and washing
- The base and 3-inch high memory foam topper keeps you from tossing and turning all night long
- Bed foundation is not included
- does not come with a warranty
6. Best Price Mattress 6-Inch Memory Foam Mattress
Best price has a mattress that is 35 pounds of memory foam. This is one of the most inventive mattresses that has a unique feature making it stand out among many other mattress options. When the mattress is in normal temperature ranges, as in when no one is sleeping on it, it is firm as can be. However, once you lay down to sleep, the mattress reacts with the temperature of your body and begins to soften to contour your body perfectly. When you start to sink in and get comfortable, the mattress is able to distribute your weight evenly across the mattress meaning you are able to sleep well without tossing and turning all night and wake feeling rested.
- 10 year warranty
- Helps relieve pressure points for better sleep
- Comes in all sizes standard twin to California king
- CertiPUR US Certified, body conforming memory foam
- you cannot remove the cover to wash it or silica glass fibers will go everywhere
- Memory foam start to thin and give out after only a couple of years
7. Parklane Mattresses RV Mattress
This is a pillowtop mattress that is 60 inches wide and 74 inches long and is so comfortable you feel like you never left home. It is the first pillowtop mattress that was ever designed for RV sleeping and has an innerspring that gives the mattress extra comfort.
- CertiPur-US certified foam meaning you get the best quality for your dollar
- Can be used as soon as it is taken out of the box
- Pillowtop gives extreme comfort and a deep nights sleep where you are cool and have no tossing or turning
- Strong chemical smell right out of the box
- Takes a few days to fully decompress and be its normal size so sleeping on it immediately upon delivery is not that comfortable
- hard to take advantage of the guaranteed 10-year warranty
9. TRAVEL HAPPY Cool Sleep Gel Memory Foam Mattress
If you need a mattress to get to you right away then this is the one to get. The Travel Happy mattress can be made and shipped to you within a day and will be delivered to your delivery free. This innovative mattress uses graphite gel as a cooling agent to keep you cool all night long and promote better nighttime sleep. The thick foam also reduces motion which keeps you from tossing and turning and keeps anyone else in the bed from feeling you move.
- Fully opens up ready to use in a day or less
- Medium-firm mattress that contours to body
- Innovative gel keeps the mattress cool all night
- Loses firmness after only a year or two
- Comes very stiff
- Has a strong chemical smell upon opening it that takes weeks to fade
10. FirsTime & Co. MotorHome InnerSpace Travel Comfort RV – Mattress-In-A-Box
FirsTIme mattress will make you feel as though you never left home even when traveling on the open road. It has 5.5 inches of pure memory foam which is designed to relieve any soreness that occurs during your day by keeping pressure off of the pressure points in your body. It is manufactured and shipped in a rolled-up state so that it is easy to ship and install in your RV upon arrival.
- 21 pound mattress with a 15 year warranty
- Thick enough to support two
- More affordable than most other mattresses
- Most people find that it is too stiff to be comfortable
- stitching on the seams comes undone easily
- Some consumers find that one or more ends of the mattress do not expand when unrolled
11. Denver Mattress RV Supreme Euro Top Mattress
Denver RV mattresses provide you with a mattress core that is firm with a pillow top that is as soft as a quilt. This way you get a mattress that is tough and durable and can support you without losing any of its softness and comfort. It is designed to last for years without ever giving up its luxury feel. It provides you with so much support that it feels like you never left home.
- Relieves pressure points to keep you from tossing and turning and allow for a full nights sleep
- Memory foam contours to your body and your body alone so the comfort is unparalleled
- Comes with a 15 year warranty that is easy to redeem for any reason
- One of the most expensive RV mattresses on the list
- Many users say that over time the mattress gets too soft and no longer supports you
12. North American Mattress Everynight Deluxe Dual Sided Economical Medium-Firm Foam RV Bunk Mattress
North American Everynight Deluxe mattress is the most affordable mattress on the list yet does not compromise any of the comforts of your home mattress. It comes with a heavy nylon cover on top that is designed to withstand any wear and tear you put it through and is hypoallergenic, anti-bacterial, fire retardant, and can be cleaned off in no time.
- perfect for people with allergies
- helps prevent odors and resists bacteria from forming or growing
- CertiPUR-US so you know yo ugrt the best memory foam without any ozone depleters
- Comes compressed and it hard to get out of the packaging
- Has a afaint chemical smell once unpacked that takes a few days to get rid of